The 10th Banking Forum & Fintech Expo took place for the 10th consecutive year on the 9th of December 2022, at the Hilton Nicosia. The event was organized by IMH and was presented by Logicom Solutions being the main sponsor of the conference. The objective of this year’s conference was to discuss the opportunities and challenges that Banks, and Financial Services Firms are facing in a time of great uncertainty.
This year’s Banking Forum and Fintech Expo was again a great success, attracting more than 350 attendees representing the island’s top financial services institutions, including Banks, Fintechs, Insurance Companies, Investment Firms and Payment Institutions.
The event included thought-provoking discussions and insightful presentations from Regulators, thought leaders, Bankers, Fintech and Payment experts as well as institutional investors. With an extensive agenda the Conference addressed a wide variety of topics capturing the main highlights of 2022, the current state of the financial services industry and the outlook of the future of financial services and the economy as a whole. Highlights of the conference include:
• A fireside discussion with the perspective of the Chair of the Supervisory Board of the European Central Bank, Mr. Andrea Enria, and the Governor of the Central Bank of Cyprus, Mr. Constantinos Herodotou.
• Presentations from C-level executives from all major banking and fintech institutions in Cyprus, addressing their strategic priorities.
• A fireside chat with the Group CIO of Piraeus Bank, Dr. Haris Margaritis, as to the state of the digital transformation journey of the Bank and his plans for the future of the Bank.
• A panel discussion with Cyprus Bank’s Technology leaders about the progress of their digital transformation initiatives and the challenges they are facing.
• A keynote presentation by Dr. EdwinVan der Ouderaa from Accenture (Senior Managing Director, Global Lead Customer, Sales and Service and Global Digital Banking) about the need for Banks to shape new business models, partner in unconventional ways, rediscover their purpose and humanity, and commit to constant innovation.
• A presentation by Mr. Charis Florides (Director, Business Consulting Services, Logicom Solutions) and Mr. Martin Lee (EMEA Lead from Cisco Talos) about the Cyber threats landscape for 2022/3.
• A panel discussion about the development of digital payments and fintech in Cyprus with key players from the major Fintech and Payments institutions in Cyprus.
• A presentation showcasing the findings of the survey conducted by IMR regarding the opinions and expectations of millennials and Generation Zers from the Banks. This was followed by an interesting discussion on the results of the survey with the leaders of Retail Banking Divisions of the two major Banks in Cyprus.
• A panel discussion on the outlook and the prospects of the Banking sector in Cyprus and a discussion with Mr. Michalis Stephanou (Partner, Head of Advisory, In charge of Banking PwC Cyprus) about the challenges and opportunities of the industry.
You can find more information here